Inbound Student Page

Information for inbound students on this page is generally organized in the order that you will need it as you go from learning that you will come to District 5440 until you return from your year abroad.

If you are interested in learning more about long-term exchange there are several general information links on the main Youth Exchange page. It is also helpful to review the Inbound Rules and Conditions in the downloads list on the left side of this page.

If you are getting ready to come to District 5440 there are a few things you need to do before you come. The link on the left will take you to the U.S. Department of State website with information on obtaining your J-1 Visa. Your local Rotary Club will help you work through the Visa requirements. You will need to obtain insurance as described in the Insurance Requirements. You will also need to meet the immunization requirements of the school you attend, the Wyoming Immunization Requirements should work for most schools. If inbound students need to provide more details the example immunization form shows the general format required.

While you are here there are 6 events organized by the Cowboy Country Youth Exchange Committee that you can attend, three of them are mandatory. The details of those events is on the Inbound Student Events page.

April, Friday to Sunday, Outbound Orientation – Optional for inbound students
June, 2 weeks, Southwest Bus Tour – Optional for inbound students
June, Thursday to Sunday, District Conference – Mandatory for inbound students
September, Friday to Sunday, Inbound Student Orientation – Mandatory for inbound students
December, Friday-Saturday, Outbound Student Interviews – Optional for inbound students
January, Thrusday to Sunday, Inbound Ski Week-end – Mandatory for inbound students

There are some specific requirements if you travel while you are here. Those are described on the Inbound Student Travel page. There are also several forms that you need to obtain approval for that travel on that page.

If you have any problems during your exchange there is a Crisis Management Plan and Emergency Services Contact Form. The District YE Committee will review both of those documents with you at your orientation. We hope you won’t need them but they are provided here in case you can’t find your copy when you need it.

Students are asked to send a Monthly Reflection Report to their country contact here and in their home country using the template in the download files.